This past year has been pretty heavy on break up central for me…
Here are 7 tips to help you get through it and come out even more shiny than when you went in! Because I am now a professional…
1. Cry those tears! Don’t hold back. Feel what you need to feel and make NO apologies about that!!! After a few days…you will notice that you go from crying all day, to half a day, to about 10 minutes a day, to once, to none.
2. Listen to the man hating Taylor Swift songs….DO NOT listen to the LOVE songs. Avoid those at ALL cost until the NEXT time you fall in love. Who knows…it could be TOMORROW!
1.We are Never Ever Getting Back Together 2. I Knew You Were Trouble 3. Picture To Burn 4. Story of Us 5. How You Get the Girl
3. Write down a pro/con list of what your ex had and didn’t have going for him. Who knows, you may be surprised about how much you were overlooking with those rose colored glasses.
4. Put away his photos, cards, stuffed animals, jewelry until you are ready to look at them again. I am well known for throwing out everything he has even given, deleting his photos, texts, blocking them on social media….but that’s a little extreme. I wouldn’t suggest that, there are times you are just going through a break and then being impulsive has you REALLY wishing you had that stuffed monkey back to cuddle with.
5. Keep busy! Was there anything you have been putting off because you were SO focused on time with him? Go to get that museum he never wanted to go to, meditate, take that art class, go to yoga, or to to that romantic comedy and have the popcorn ALL to yourself. This is a time to focus on YOU!!!
6. Read “Act Like a Lady Think Like a Man” by Steve Harvy and “Why Men Love Bitches” by Sherry Argov. They will make you realize that men are sooooooooo different than we are. They are practically aliens, and gives you tips for the next go ’round.
7. THE MOST IMPORTANT!!!! Talk to your girlfriends!!!! We are ALL in this together and we ALL understand the struggles of relationships, and your girlfriends will give you the TRUTH…that YOU are WAY TO GOOD for him.